Intellectual Property & Proprietary Trading Litigation
Businesses rely on various laws and regulations to protect their intellectual property. IP includes anything that constitutes a creation of the mind which may be protected by copyright, patents, trademarks, or other regulations. Unlawful use of intellectual property can result in significant damage to the company, making IP litigation cases and disputes serious matters.
These cases can be very complex, so it is vital to have a law firm on your side with expertise in both intellectual property matters and litigation. Hart David Carson provides that expertise to clients throughout the city of Chicago and surrounding areas. We can provide you with keen advising and skillful representation in the event of IP and proprietary trading litigation.
Intellectual Property Issues
Your intellectual property includes copyrighted materials, patents, trademarks, and proprietary information. Keeping these well guarded in the event of litigation—and prior to it—is vital to maintaining a competitive edge in the market. Claims and lawsuits surrounding intellectual property disputes need to be handled with both speed and care.
Hart David Carson assists companies with a wide variety of IP litigation cases, including those involving:
- Patents: A patent protects an invention, including machines, computer programs, chemicals, and anything else that constitutes a never-before-conceived idea. Patent infringements include the use of a design without your consent, unlawfully producing your invention, or selling components used in it that have no other use.
- Copyrights: Copyrighted material, such as movies, music, literature, computer software, and so forth, is any original expression of ideas (not the ideas themselves). Infringements violate the fair use of the material, which may occur through unlawful distribution, illegal use of the material, or plagiarism, to name a few.
- Trademarks: Your brand consists of symbols, slogans, sounds, and designs, and keeping those well guarded is vital to maintaining the integrity of your company’s identity. Federally registered trademarks are much easier to protect than unregistered materials, which makes registration an important item to consider in litigation cases.
- Proprietary information: Protecting financial history, business strategies, customer lists, and other data is core to maintaining your business’s integrity. Unlawful access or use of this information needs to be carefully restricted, and breaches should be dealt with promptly. Risks can come from both outside and inside the company.
- Licensing: Allowing certain people access to intellectual property should work in a way that ensures the best interest of your company. Breaches in licensing contracts can be detrimental to a company, so litigation needs to be handled promptly.
If you are finding yourself in need of litigators to protect your intellectual property, or if you have been wrongfully accused of violating IP regulations, Hart David Carson is here to assist you.
Hart David Carson provides companies with representation in dispute resolution and litigation surrounding IP and proprietary trading matters. We can also help you keep your intellectual property secure prior to facing claims, making it that much more secure in the event that disputes occur.
To learn more or to get a free consultation, contact us today.
"They are professional and driven individuals that are passionate about what they do. They listened and worked with me from beginning to end. I strongly encourage using them! You will not be disappointed!"Shannon D.
"The breadth of their practice areas allows them to service a broad range of clients and their attorneys vary in specialties, ensuring clients receive exceptional representation in any of the firm's practice areas."Mark S.
"They care. We were taken with open hearts and open minds when we looked for our special needs trust."Daniel B.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (630) 931-0379.