Private Funds & Investment Management Lawyers in Chicago
Diversifying your investment portfolio is crucial when it comes to mitigating risk and maximizing yield, as most investors know. However, this diversification also brings a wide variety of different regulations on both federal and state levels. To keep everything in order, you need to consult with legal experts who have a strong background in investment management and securities regulation.
Private Investment Funds
Although private investment funds are generally exempt from federal securities regulations, they do still have the potential to run you into legal complications, especially given the variety of investment types that your portfolio might contain.
The attorneys at Hart David Carson can help with the formation, negotiation, taxation, and protection of the following types of funds:
- Real estate funds: Investments in real estate or mortgages, which may form part of a more comprehensive investment strategy
- Private equity funds: These investments, made directly to a private company or used to buy out a company entirely, tend to be long-term. The investment is made in the hopes that the financial prospects of the bought company will improve so that it may be resold for a profit.
- Venture capital: Higher-risk investments in startup businesses, which may require complex structuring to be effective
- Hedge funds: Funds that involve investments in a variety of assets, markets, etc. in order to maximize the chances of a return, regardless of market conditions
- Mutual funds: A pool of investments intended for the buying of securities, including stocks, bonds, deposits, etc.
Our experience in fund management and business law allows us to provide effective legal advising and representation to your company. Whether you are in need of assistance structuring these funds or assessing their compliance with federal and state regulations, we can help. We can also assist you with litigations and disputes regarding your investments.
Managing your investments can be an arduously complex process, so enlisting the aid of an attorney will help you get the most out of your investments without running into resource-draining legal complications.
The tasks we can take on with our investment management expertise include:
- Structuring new funds to comply with regulatory standards
- Representing you when buying, selling, and negotiating funds
- Negotiating contracts and the terms for investors
- Performing due diligence research
- Drafting organizational documents
- Providing advice and analysis on investments and private funds
- Advising on taxation, brokerage, performance, and so forth
New developments in laws and regulations mean you need to keep up with the legal aspects of your investments. This not only allows you to protect yourself from infractions and errors, but it can also help increase your overall return by knowing what investments are least likely to encounter regulatory barriers.
Get the Legal Advising & Representation You Need
For advising and representation services to help with your investment management and private fund needs, contact Hart David Carson. With our business law experience and unique approach, we are able to help companies both small and large, all without putting a strain on your finances.
Call us at (630) 931-0379 to schedule a free consultation.
"They are professional and driven individuals that are passionate about what they do. They listened and worked with me from beginning to end. I strongly encourage using them! You will not be disappointed!"Shannon D.
"The breadth of their practice areas allows them to service a broad range of clients and their attorneys vary in specialties, ensuring clients receive exceptional representation in any of the firm's practice areas."Mark S.
"They care. We were taken with open hearts and open minds when we looked for our special needs trust."Daniel B.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (630) 931-0379.