Hart David Carson fights for the wrongfully injured to provide just compensation.
Greenville Investor Visa Lawyer
Interested in Starting a Business in the United States?
If you are a foreign investor who is seeking to establish a new business in the United States, the EB-5 visa program may be an option for you. At Hart David Carson, our Greenville investor visa attorney can help you understand the requirements and benefits of this visa program. We can also help you determine if you qualify for the EB-5 visa and guide you through the application process.
What is the EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 visa program is part of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigrant Investor Program. This program offers foreign investors a path to U.S. citizenship by providing them with a temporary green card.
The EB-5 visa program requires you to make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States. This investment must create at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers.
If you meet the requirements of this visa program, you and your spouse and any unmarried children under 21 years of age will be eligible for permanent residency. You will also be able to work in the United States and travel in and out of the country.
The EB-5 visa program is only available to foreign investors who are seeking to establish a new commercial enterprise in the United States. This program is not available to investors who are seeking to invest in a business that they currently own. For example, if you have a business in Canada and you want to expand into the United States, you would not be eligible for the EB-5 visa.
The EB-5 visa program can be a beneficial option for foreign investors who are seeking to establish a new business in the United States.
However, this program has some specific requirements that must be met, such as:
- You must be a foreign national
- You must also be a permanent resident of a country that has an immigrant treaty with the United States
- You must be willing to make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States
- This investment must be at least $1 million, and you must make the investment with the intention of creating at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers
- You must be willing to establish a permanent home in the United States
- You must be willing to pay taxes in the United States
- You must be willing to file an immigrant petition on behalf of your qualifying family members.
The EB-5 visa program is only available to foreign investors who are seeking to establish a new commercial enterprise in the United States. Our Greenville investor visa attorney can help you understand the requirements of the EB-5 visa program and determine if you qualify for this visa. We can also help you navigate the application process.
Benefits of an EB-5 Visa
There are many benefits to the EB-5 visa program, such as the following:
- Path to Permanent Residency: One of the primary benefits of the EB-5 visa is that it offers a direct path to obtaining permanent residency (a Green Card) in the United States for the investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under the age of 21.
- No Sponsorship Required: Unlike many other U.S. immigrant visa categories, the EB-5 program does not require an employer or family member to sponsor the investor. This means that individuals and their families can apply for the EB-5 visa on their own.
- No Language or Education Requirements: The EB-5 program does not have strict language or education requirements, making it accessible to a wide range of investors.
- No Employment Restrictions: EB-5 investors are not required to engage in a specific job or profession in the United States, giving them the flexibility to pursue their own business interests, employment opportunities, or retirement.
- Eligibility for U.S. Citizenship: After holding a Green Card for five years, EB-5 investors and their families are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship, provided they meet the necessary requirements.
- Educational Opportunities: EB-5 visa holders can access the U.S. education system, including public schools and universities, often at lower in-state tuition rates.
- Access to Healthcare: EB-5 visa holders have access to the U.S. healthcare system and can purchase health insurance coverage.
- Retirement Planning: EB-5 investors can plan for retirement in the United States and enjoy the benefits of Social Security and Medicare when they become eligible.
- Investment Freedom: While the EB-5 program requires a substantial investment in a qualifying U.S. business project, investors have some flexibility in choosing where to invest their capital, including in regional centers, which are approved entities that promote job creation in designated areas.
- Potential Return on Investment: While the primary purpose of the EB-5 program is to obtain a Green Card, investors may also have the opportunity to receive a return on their investment if the business project succeeds.
"They are professional and driven individuals that are passionate about what they do. They listened and worked with me from beginning to end. I strongly encourage using them! You will not be disappointed!"Shannon D.
"The breadth of their practice areas allows them to service a broad range of clients and their attorneys vary in specialties, ensuring clients receive exceptional representation in any of the firm's practice areas."Mark S.
"They care. We were taken with open hearts and open minds when we looked for our special needs trust."Daniel B.